Account Manager – Automotive OEM – MI – 27040385
Our client is Seeking a talented Account Manager to join their North American sales team for a challenging and rewarding position with a global manufacture and leader of metal based automotive parts for OEM automotive markets.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of success in previous sales or account management roles in the automotive OEM sector.
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for growth of sales as well as market development activities of the Company.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the Automotive Industry and preferably has worked with the major OEM and various Tier 1 suppliers of metal parts for various structures, molding’s and frame components for various vehicle platforms.
Preferable for a person who has motivation to absorb knowledge technical of products, understands manufacturing processes and the product function, comprehends sales profit structure and can communicate solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains direct customer contact / relationships and is the primary liaison for customer requests.
- Responsible for the coordination of all sales aspects / commercial issues between customers and plants internally (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, accounting, etc.).
- Responsible for all product related commercial interface with customer, including quotations, volume pricing, tooling, and funding negotiations along with design change and quality issues.
- Identify new opportunities within customer base that are compatible with corporate goals and develop marketing strategies to obtain new business.
- Assist in identifying cost saving and quality improvement opportunities to meet customer and company requirements.
- Participate in preparation of detail quotations, annual forecast, monthly sales activity reports and 5-year plan
- Monitor customer performance comparing forecast sales vs. actual vs. goal for assigned customers.
- Maintain knowledge on industry activities as they relate to specific products / customer requirements.
- Conduct marketing activities / research as appropriate and assemble relevant information for reporting and / or strategic activities.
- Coordinates, prepares, quotes in details, and negotiates to conclusion with customer purchasing all engineering changes, including piece price, sample cost, prototype, and production tooling cost, etc., meeting acceptable financial metrics.
- Coordinate and prepare and make sales presentations
- Interface with Engineering / Quality / Manufacturing / Supply Chain
- Help in the support the launch of new programs and secured business
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field. Engineering degree with a business/sales background-or-Business degree with an Engineering background
- 2+ years of sales experience in automotive industry (OEM or Tier One Supplier interactions) with Automotive industry experience in a sales / customer service role preferred
- Experience is a plus if you have dealt with OEM’s in a sales, engineering and or program management role related to metals metal based automotive parts for OEM automotive markets
- Strong technical background necessary to interface with customer’s engineering and purchasing departments.
- The ability to manage complex business situations, lead cross functional teams and provide direction for deploying resources
- Strong technical, problem solving, communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel approx. 25%
- Experience in dealing with multi-national OEM cultural business climate
- Strong sense of urgency, ownership, and commitment to working as part of a team and a desire to succeed.
- Accurately foresee potential obstacles and proactively identify solutions
- Strategically work to address challenges and effectively tackle day to day operations
- Must be a quick learner that is a good decision maker with negotiation skills
Compensation: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 (DOE) + 20% Bonus Potential + Full Benefits
Location: Detroit, MI
If you wish to be part of this successful and vibrant organization, please email a MS Word version of your resume to [email protected] This company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Cube Management is a global recruiting and consulting firm that helps companies accelerate their sales, by providing the top-level talent they need to grow their business. Cube Management is a leading recruiting and consulting partner to emerging growth, mid-market and global companies in the technology, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer package goods and business service sectors. We work across the spectrum of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Safety, Engineering, Accounting and Business Development, providing holistic solutions that drive revenue and profit success. Cube Management combines Strategy, Process and People, to produce great results.
For a complete listing of our current job listings please visit https://cubemanagement.com/candidates/job-listings